Not finding controllers after scaffolding

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I'm going to admit I did something really dumb in hopes of saving someone else some time.

I followed the instructions in Steve's blog rather roughly to scaffold my own model classes. And I modified the layout page to display my new controllers and checked that they were in place and correct.

So, I typed the controller and action at the command line.

Still an error.

I put it aside as I was prepping for an MVC extensibilty talk. Somewhere in that timeframe I ran across one of Steve's posts that said more or less "based on feedback we decided to pluralize the controller names".

Oops. Oh yes, now I notice. I was thinking and typing "Customer" when a little "s" had sneaked in behind!

Things work much better when you spell the controller name correctly ;-)

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Hi Kathy,

Not sure if this well help, I'm probably a few hours behind you on this, but I had a version issue that Steve helped me with by removing all the previous nuget scaffolding and re-installing. after that, everything worked.  My current confusion is trying to find all the ps and t4 templates? I thought they would be in my project but if they are, they are hiding very well.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:53 AM

(I hate being called Kathy, btw)

Check for the T4 and PS1 using windows explorer, not in the project in VS. You'll find a packages folder in the solution root.