Discussions under General

Scaffolding fails "Cannot find primary key..." - EF 4.2 Model First or DB First

first post: mwittmann wrote: MVCScaffolding 1.0.6 fails when you try to scaffold a controller an...

latest post: steveculshaw wrote: Has any answer been found for this, apart from adding the [Key] to ...

Where is the branch of the version in nuget?

first post: luizfbicalho wrote: I didn't find the branch that has whe MvcScaffolding.nuspec with th...

MvcScaffolding versus the built-in Visual Studio 2012 "MVC Scaffolding"

first post: steveculshaw wrote: Is the MvcScaffolding deprecated in favour of the built-in Visual S...

Error reported by mvcscaffolding in MVC4 project

first post: justSteve wrote: Upon opening a console window in VS12 (rtm) - MVC4 project Except...

latest post: cois wrote: After debugging this for a while I found that some Project Types re...

I want to help with the UTF-8 with BOM signature support

first post: albertoleonTis wrote: Can anyone give me a guidance to program the support to resolve thi...

Unable to find type [T4Scaffolding.NuGetServices.Services.ScaffoldingPackagePathResolver]: make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded

first post: doggy8088 wrote: I'm using NuGet Packager Manager v1.5.20831.9017.I'm using Package ...

latest post: compmks wrote: PM> Import-Module "C:\Inventory\packages\T4Scaffolding.Core.1.0.0\t...

Any known issues on Visual Studio 2012?

first post: AntarisZX wrote: Hi, We have a series of projects were developed using VS2010 and ...

Is there a way to scaffold a full model with one command?

first post: jcalvarro wrote: Hello,I've been using the scaffolding stuff for a while, but i'm wo...

latest post: scharada wrote: @srailback : can you please indicate where (which filee) to add the...

mvcscaffolding fails with error Could not load file or assembly System.Management.Automation

first post: ronnymgm wrote: Why I get this, Do I need some kind of reference or package ? I'...

latest post: jeffmoellerpnhs wrote: Installing powershell 3 fixed this error for me. Same as https://vi...

Is this project still actively developed?

first post: yuren1978 wrote: I haven't seen any update lately, is this project still actively de...

Base model classes on external referenced assembly

first post: gozer wrote: I have two solution: one (the "core" one holds base interfaces and ...

Is there any way to make MVC Scaffolding available across multiple solutions?

first post: WhatIfWeDigDeeper wrote: Say you have 20 solutions and you would rather not install MVC Scaf...

Many To Many Relationship

first post: kissmevn wrote: I wrote some models which has a many-to-many relationships. After ...

Add Code to a specific function of an existing class

first post: nillakash7 wrote: Add-ClassMember & Add-ClassMemberViaTemplate commands are used to ...

latest post: MumHaBR wrote: Documentation: "The position in the class where the source code sh...

How to change projects and folders where MvcScaffolding generates controllers, views and repositories

first post: DukeNukem1985 wrote: Is there any possibilities to change default projects and folders ...

Debugging install-package T4Scaffolding.Core powershell command from outside VS Nuget console

first post: raca wrote: I am trying to debug <my .sln folder>\packages\T4Scaffolding.Core...

Scaffold External DataModel

first post: tademet wrote: I am looking to create Knockout files based on data models externa...

Recursive scaffolding, Syncing changes (forward/reverse), Regex for Primary Key

first post: smartgrid wrote: First, I wanted to thank Steve for this tool. Its made life easier...

Primary key convention for model class

first post: anthonyc wrote: This error occurs when scaffolding the model class below:Get-Primar...

latest post: smartgrid wrote: I have the same issue while coding/scaffolding up

Custom Controller template

first post: BlueCode wrote: Provide a much simpler way to adding new controller templates to t...

Visual Studio 2012

first post: KathleenDollard wrote: Has anyone successfully built the source on a VS 2012 machine? I h...

latest post: luizfbicalho wrote: I think that this error is just because you have white space in th...

Extensible Add Controller Dialog?

first post: AaronLS wrote: I can't find any articles on how to add custom scaffolding to the A...

latest post: jernejg wrote: I haven't tried it myself but Steve Sanders mentions this here http...

Using extension methods from EnvDTEExtensions in custom Scaffolders

first post: jernejg wrote: I'm trying to use GetEligibleProperties helper method in my t4 tem...

latest post: jernejg wrote: No, for now I just deleted the call to prop.IsScaffoldable()

Get-StringFromTemplate functionality ... custom cmdlet?

first post: jernejg wrote: What would be the best (easyest) way to create functionality that ...

latest post: jernejg wrote: Let me answer my own question :) Just call Invoke-ScaffoldTemplate ...

Scaffold Children Elements in RazorView

first post: LeonelSanches wrote: I'm altering my Details.cs.t4 Scaffold Template to scaffold one ta...

WebAPI Controller that uses Repository

first post: joshuadavidlee wrote: Can we get a command to scaffold a WebAPI controller that uses a r...

Scaffolding from Linq to SharePoint entities??

first post: gbelzile wrote: Hi, I've done a few projects where I used scaffolding for EF and i...

Is there any way to speed up scaffolding?

first post: umaxfun wrote: Hello, I have a problem with scaffolding timings. It takes about 2...

latest post: sandeep0sachan wrote: It's a serious pain mike. This afternoon I started with a single en...

What's the simplest way to configure batch scaffolding?

first post: umaxfun wrote: Hello, I've faced the folowing problem: I need to have some sort o...

Failed to load base class 'DynamicTransform' from which Transformation class inherits

first post: jimokanghanchao wrote: I have download the Scaffolding project. I open the RazorView fold...

Help with Custom Scaffold

first post: nkrosschell wrote: This is more of a T4 template writing question, but I'm trying to ...

latest post: RyboTech wrote: You must get the "Kind" from the property. # Gets the Kind of ...

best way (if any) to use MvcScaffolding with an EDMX?

first post: pomarc wrote: Hello,I've seen a number of posts here and on the internet written ...

latest post: deshanbaptiste wrote: Hi, this may be too late for you, but I want to spread the solution...

How to scaffold views with custom ViewModel?

first post: kahanu wrote: I use custom ViewModels in all my views. Is there a way of scaffo...

Add a link to a file using a custom scaffolder.

first post: v00d00 wrote: Hi. First of all, I am amazed by the power of the libriary. It wor...

latest post: v00d00 wrote: Here is the code snippet which does what I want: $targetFolder = ...

EF 4.2 support

first post: meriturva wrote: I'm asking when the ef4.2 will be supported by this project.....spe...

A word of Advice. Don't get EF 4.1 via NuGet

first post: glahens wrote: Using Visual Studio 2010 & MVC 3/Razor. Download EF 4.1 first from ...

latest post: juFo wrote: ---------------------------Microsoft Visual Studio-----------------...

Error message will be crossed,

first post: hasanc wrote: I've tried all of them got the same error 5 on the computerand let ...

latest post: hasanc wrote: Region and Language change -- Formats -- Format = English (Unit...

Scaffolding commands stopped working, NuGet related?

first post: dkennedycaiu wrote: I returned to my project today and attempted to scaffold one of my ...

latest post: hasanc wrote: Uninstall Nugetinstall NugetandInstall-Package MVCScaffolding

'Scaffold' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, etc.

first post: tmcnamee wrote: After installing MvcScaffolding via NuGet, restarting Visual Studio...

Scaffolding with Entity Data Model and Inheritance

first post: mawiseman wrote: I have a project an Entity Data Model generated from the database. ...

Scaffolding no longer works, too

first post: hendriklenz wrote: I, i use the current version 1.0.6 of MVCScaffolding with Visual St...

latest post: tbmihailov wrote: I have not tried generation of DbContext from database but http://m...

Scaffold no longer works

first post: virshu wrote: I worked through Steve's first blog post on Scaffolding project ba...

latest post: Dianar77 wrote: Virshu. Thank you very much for posting the solution. It worked for...

Scaffolding with buddy class

first post: UBruns wrote: Hey ho!I can't get the scaffolder work with a buddy class! Simple ...

Installing MvcScaffolding 1.0.4 via PMC in Azure project

first post: maartenmensink wrote: When i try to install MvcScaffolding 1.0.4 with a Azure project i g...

Invoking T4Host from Powershell

first post: AB_dreeve wrote: Is there a way I can invoke the T4Host to transform my template fro...

latest post: AB_dreeve wrote: Figured it out:You need to call Invoke-ScaffoldTemplate with a null...

Make Pluralize/Singularize Optional

first post: luizfbicalho wrote: Is there a way to make pluralize and singularize optional, in fact,...

Add or remove Related Entity Locator

first post: luizfbicalho wrote: Hi, I read this article and I agreed with the writer.http://www.lad...

MvcScaffolding and CI-Server

first post: TobiasSchittkowsi wrote: Hi!I would like to call the scaffold-command on my jenkins continuo...

latest post: TobiasSchittkowsi wrote: Hello, thank you for your idea. I tried this, but after adding the ...

CustomScaffolder with -Repository

first post: shivakanthb wrote: hi,I a new to scaffold learn followed all the steps of steve sander...

latest post: shivakanthb wrote: anyone plz help

Database First + MvcScaffolding = Controller and Views

first post: gahayden wrote: With a few tweeks this appears to work flawlessly. Perhaps this was...

latest post: plitwin wrote: I just wrote a blog post on this topic. See http://weblogs.asp.net/...

Add-EnumMember? how to do that?

first post: mahmoud690 wrote: how to add member to enum?I try to use add-classmember cmdlet but i...

latest post: mahmoud690 wrote: I found a workaround (it is based on file typeNOTE : it is ok for e...

issue on using generated model from EDMX

first post: Ravandi wrote: hi I've just installed visual studio 2010 (SP1) and MVC3 &#43; i...

latest post: MisterJames wrote: Hi Ravandi,The EDMX gives you a different context to work from, and...

scaffold multiple models with one command

first post: JCirceo wrote: I found a welcome surprise today and found that I can use a power s...

Views not being created

first post: jwatson3d wrote: Following Steve's introductory post of 2011-01-13, I create a simpl...

latest post: putrtek wrote: Same issue in Version 1.0.0 Following Steve reccomened steps above ...

Can't install Scaffolding via NuGet

first post: bussemac wrote: I get the errors shown below. This is a new project created from th...

Scaffold a Controller with multiple associated Models?

first post: usmanghani wrote: The standard AccountController Generated by ASP.Net MVC 3 Project h...

Class Imagenes

first post: mardemza wrote: Hi folks, first wanted to congratulate you for this great tool. I ...

latest post: kwyjib0 wrote: Hi mardemzaMost probable this is because the type Image is not a va...

Now the install/update/uninstall appears to be broken

first post: glahens wrote: Something appears to be broken with the packages/files for this pro...

latest post: glahens wrote: I found the answer to my own problem. This method of installing MVC...

Scaffolding projects

first post: svdoever wrote: When you create a package with scaffolders, these scaffolders are a...

Dependency on EF

first post: stejcz wrote: Is it possible to somehow remove the dependency on EntityFramework?...

latest post: mhinze wrote: I understand the EF dependency in MvcScaffolding. But the fact tha...

Wire up DB

first post: srailsback wrote: As on old Rails guy, McvScaffolding fills in what ASP.NET MVC has b...

latest post: srailsback wrote: Thanks for your thoughts. In the end I went with rolling my own sca...

Where is the data stored?

first post: xiecsuk wrote: I have created the EF scaffolding in my project. I have an SQL Serv...

latest post: Trevor wrote: @ssuing: Thanks for the link and the explanation. @xiecsuk: I su...

t4 extesion and intellisense

first post: clients wrote: Is there any way in VS2010 to get intellisense when editing files w...

latest post: camilosw wrote: Install Tangible T4 Editor http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsof...

Scaffold into multiple projects

first post: chrisp_68 wrote: Hi Steve, Inspired by your great talk on Tuesday at DotNetDevNet in...

latest post: chrisp_68 wrote: raca07, Sorry but nothing new to report. I have not changed the cod...

MVC2 version?

first post: jgoode wrote: With hosting companies being very slow to adopt MVC3, it would be b...

latest post: Trevor wrote: You can xcopy deploy an MVC 3 web application to your host. Just m...

Primary key type in PS

first post: Falhar wrote: I'm creating my own Scaffolders. I encountered need to have type of...

How To Use SQL Server 2008 R2 with Scaffolding

first post: gahayden wrote: Truly, this is amazing work. However, that was what you did for us ...

latest post: gahayden wrote: First, I'd apologize for not responding sooner but this last week w...

Incomprehensible work Scaffolding

first post: Leo17 wrote: 1. When shaping pattern T4 controller andand views Scaffold Contr...

Data Attribute Bug

first post: gomerpylevw wrote: I'm not 100% certain but following Scott Hanselman's awesome presen...

latest post: gomerpylevw wrote: Not quite my point. If you just simply create a property in a clas...

Documentation, we desperately need it!

first post: plitwin wrote: Please post some documentation. Blog posts are great, but... I am h...

Not finding controllers after scaffolding

first post: kathleendollard wrote: I'm going to admit I did something really dumb in hopes of saving s...

latest post: kathleendollard wrote: (I hate being called Kathy, btw)Check for the T4 and PS1 using wind...

I kind of Get it, but need some guidance on making my own t4

first post: pkellner wrote: I'm doing some presentations (starting in 2 weeks) on integrating a...

EF4 + MVCScaffolding

first post: nikolawannabe wrote: Any time I try to use MVCScaffolding on a model created with EF4 (n...

latest post: andyg8180 wrote: bingo... found the answer... http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive...

How do you use GetAllBlah() from the Repository?

first post: AntonyWu wrote: The auto generated repository has the method like this p...

Many:Many

first post: ShadowInteractive wrote: How would I go about creating a Many:Many Relationship using the Sc...

latest post: gahayden wrote: While a standard practice would be to create in intermediate tabl...

Bind drop down item to object

first post: feanz wrote: Hi I've been using your scaffold tool. Really nice peace of work.I'...

latest post: jrobertojr wrote: Hi feanz, I have too this problem when i remove the public prop...

Method naming...

first post: mattslay wrote: Why did they get so specific with the method named GetAllTeams(), r...

MVC Scaffolding video

first post: mattslay wrote: There is a video about this tool from MVC Conf 2: http://channel9.m...

NHibernate Scaffolder

first post: CatZ wrote: Hi, I am creating an NHibernate Scaffolder for the project. I creat...

latest post: mhenrixon wrote: I stopped working on it. It's just too much work needed to be done ...

Leverage DataAnnotations when building views

first post: virshu wrote: When Scaffolding generates views, it pays no attention to DataAnnot...

Partial classes

first post: korayem wrote: I suggest having the generated classes as partial to make them plug...

Bug in working with Guid Primary keys

first post: malisancube wrote: I should say I really like this framework and it got me to quick cr...

• 1-82 of 82 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next