Extensible Add Controller Dialog?

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I can't find any articles on how to add custom scaffolding to the Add Controller dialog.  I know how to replace/change the existing templates, or add custom templates that can be run from the console, but I can't find how to add custom templates as additional options to the dialog.  Wondering also if the named parameters that I add to custom templates will show up in the dialog in some way.  from several blogs talking about the new extensible scaffolding:

"Add Controller Dialog supports extensible scaffolds via NuGet packages such as MvcScaffolding."

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:34 AM

I am looking for that either, can someone give a suggestion?

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:18 AM

I haven't tried it myself but Steve Sanders mentions this here http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/MIX/MIX11/FRM13 at 49:00. Just change 

[T4Scaffolding.Scaffolder(Description = "")][CmdletBinding()]

to

[T4Scaffolding.ControllerScaffolder(Description = "")][CmdletBinding()] at the beginnig of your powershell file.

I'm also wondering if you can Extend the add controller dialog. There is an "Advanced Options" dialog that becomes available when you select the "MVC controller with read/write actions and views, using Entity Framework" template. It would be really cool if you could replace this dialog with your own Windows Forms dialog for each custom scaffolder.